WE ARE EXCITED TO WELCOME YOU BACK TO FECHNER MD!
On behalf of the entire team at Fechner MD Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa, we would like to take a moment to say thank you again for your loyalty and support during this unprecedented time. The past several months have been unlike anything we've ever experienced, and we're working hard to evolve so that we can continue to provide you with the patient experience you have come to expect from our practice.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, Fechner MD Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa has taken extreme precautionary measures, in addition to following the most up to date CDC recommendations and state guidelines to maximize the health and safety of our patients, staff and facility. Our surgical center and medical spa remain committed to providing the best patient care, and we are actively working to take all necessary precautions as we plan to safely re-open our practice. Please help us continue to protect the health and well-being of our patients and workplace by cooperating with all of our precautionary measures and protocols against COVID-19 at your next appointment, or as you plan for your surgery.
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR STAFF SAFE?
As a fully accredited surgical facility, Fechner MD has always observed the highest level of safety and sanitation. In fact, as a surgeon, Dr. Fechner is an expert in infection control. We want to ensure that we are doing everything possible for our patients to safely return for surgical and medical spa treatments alike.
- Our accredited practice is exclusively reserved for our patients and staff.
- Our facility is in a single, free standing building only occupied by our practice. This allows us to
limit foot traffic to our patients and staff only.
- Our staff work only at our facility and all travel in private transport. All of us are otherwise
self-isolating at home.
- We closely monitor our staff for symptoms and elevated temperature daily.
- We sterilize all our instruments in house further reducing potential exposure.
- We have PPE to meet our needs.
- All our staff members will be using appropriate PPE including N95 masks and protective facei shields,
goggles and head coverings.
- We have purchased and installed air scrubbers throughout the facility to clean the air while the
practice is open to patients.
- We have purchased and installed ozone generators designed to sanitize the air in the facility at the
end of each day.
- We have purchased and installed touchless hand sanitizer units throughout the building.
- We have purchased and installed plexi-glass protective shields in the reception area to provide a
protective barrier for staff and patients.
- Our staff continues to adhere to social distancing guidelines within our facility.
- We have implemented a stringent survey and testing protocol for staff and patients.
- We have implemented a virtual check in/ check out process for our patients.
- We have ensured that there is minimum interaction of patients with other people while in the office.
- We will continue to offer virtual consults and virtual follow up visits.
- We provide you with a touchless payment system.
The upgraded work flow and safety protocols we have implemented at Fechner MD far exceed those being recommended by any government agency.
WHEN WILL FECHNER MD PLASTIC SURGERY & MEDICAL SPA OPEN?
Fechner MD will adhere to all local, state, and government mandates. We expect to cautiously resume medical spa and injectable treatments during Phase 2 of the Massachusetts phased reopening. We are awaiting a definitive date from Governor Baker. Cosmetic surgery is expected to resume during Phase 3 of Governor Baker’s plan. We ask for your patience and understanding as our staff is working diligently to reschedule all surgeries and procedures affected by our closure. Please understand that in order to open and adhere to Massachusetts guidelines, we will need to limit the number of staff and patients we have in our building and extend the time between patient appointments in order to sanitize rooms. This means we will have fewer available openings for procedures. In order to maximize our provider appointments, we will continue to hold consultations virtually rather than in person, with a few exceptions (body contouring, Instalift, vein treatments).
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AT FECHNER MD?
- We will do our best to accommodate your preferred appointment date and time, but we very much
appreciate your flexibility during this unprecedented time.
- When booking your appointment, we will ask for your payment information to be securely stored in our
payment system. The card you provide will be the card used to pay for your services. This will allow for
a touchless checkout.
- Required forms and documents will be sent to you electronically two days prior to your scheduled
appointment via our new patient app, Touch MD. Touch MD will allow you to receive, review and sign
documents directly from your personal cell phone.
- One hour prior to your appointment, we will send you the Covid-19 Wellness Screening document to be
completed via Touch MD. This must be completed prior to entering the building.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN I ARRIVE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
- When you arrive for your scheduled appointment time, we ask that you park and remain in your car.
Please send us a text message or call to let us know that you have arrived for your appointment.
- When your provider is ready for your treatment, she will call or text you to let you know you may
proceed to our vestibule.
- Please leave your coat and personal belongings in your car.
- Please do not bring along family or friends, unless you require physical assistance. They will not be
allowed entry to the building.
- Please wear your mask prior to entering the building and throughout your appointment. Should your mask
need to be removed for treatment, your provider will let you know when to safely remove it.
- Your provider will greet you at the door and will take a no contact temperature reading. *Any patient
with a temperature of 100 degrees or higher will be asked to leave the building and their appointment
will be rescheduled a minimum of 14 days later.
- You will be escorted immediately to a treatment room. Our waiting room will not be open during this
- After your procedure or treatment the provider will collect payment via our secure payment system with
the information you provided at booking.
- Your provider will book a virtual follow up appointment with you, if necessary, and will escort you to
We thank you in advance for your patience throughout this time, and we look forward to seeing you here again as we begin to resume business operations. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Fechner MD Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa at (508) 754-4000 and our team will gladly assist you. Thank you!